I analyzed the movie and some footage from the game (since I don't have it) frame by frame, placing the exact pieces (the ones visible at least), which means that they are not optimal (it's very fragile and in many places a single brick could easily replace 3-4 smaller ones I used).
- some of the pieces might not be available in that color (e.g. the red missiles);
- some pieces are "floating" (not attached to anything), and I guarantee that they are floating also in either the movie or the videogame. So if you want to build it you have to find a workaround;
- the shades of grey may not be 100% correct since it's difficult to recognize them, but I tried to be as authentic as possible;
- if you want to build it you are going to have to make some changes, since the structure is extremely fragile as is;
- any asymmetries between the left and right side of the Batwing are on purpose (mainly the wings), since that's how it is in both the movie and the videogame;
- whenever there where differences between the movie and the videogame (some pieces are different) I chose the movie version;
- the only pieces different from the movie and the videogame are the ones with decorations on them (batman logo, cockpit instruments, etc.) since those are not available.
I want to give a lot of credit to "Master Builder" Stefan Edlinger (aka Brickmasta) that actually managed to build the Batwing in real life. I used some of his shots to solve some problems I encountered, mostly for pieces that I couldn't recognize or see. I highly recommend to check his project if you plan on building the model for real, as he solved many problems of stability and fragility that the original model has. Also check it to get an idea of what it looks like and how big it is. Or just to add some awesomeness to your day! :D
I only ask you to respect the many hours I spent in this project and give me credit whenever you use it or post something about it (a link or a reference to my Flickr account is enough).
And please let me know if you find some details that I missed from the movie or the videogame, so that I can update the model. Thanks :D
Waiting for Inventory to load
Use LEGO Digital Designer to open these files and generate step by step building instructions.
This MOC also has a 3D digital file available (eg LDD, MPD, etc): 3D Model